Real estate and location strategies
From the vision to the individual measure
Whether it's expansion or consolidation, growth or a cost-cutting programme - the majority of all real estate and location decisions have long-term effects and need to be well thought out.
Together, we examine both your corporate strategy and your existing properties to discuss all important fields of action. This includes a forward-looking provision of space, the prestigiousness of the location for customers, the attractiveness for employees, intelligent flows of goods and traffic and future development potential.
What we can specifically do for you
- Development of holistic real estate and location strategies
- Recording your corporate strategy and deriving the requirements for real estate and locations
- 360-degree analysis of existing locations
- Generation and evaluation of variants using systematic procedures
- Development of a clear roadmap for restructuring or further development, including individual measures, timetable, profitability calculation, execution strategy, etc.
- Support in the implementation of the vision in the context of new construction projects, refurbishments, relocations, rentals and purchases etc.
What benefit you receive
- A real estate and location strategy that corresponds to the long-term development of your organisation
- A sparring partner with a vision, entrepreneurial thinking and a focus on the overall process
- Clarity about future needs and the development of organisational units
- Reliable recommendations for the implementation of the vision and the respective individual measures
- Forward planning that takes into account all interfaces
FAQ Real estate and location strategies
Depending on the concrete structure of the respective organisation, the implementation of workshops or interviews - in individual cases also surveys - has proven to be effective for this purpose. At the start of the project, we determine together with you the stakeholders who can provide the necessary input for recording the requirements. After the interviews or workshops, the results are summarised in a standardised structure, optionally reflected back again and then compared with the goals of the company management.
We always offer our clients individual consulting approaches, but the overarching approach has proven itself in the past: We first analyse which requirements arise from your planned corporate development, compare these with the current stock of real estate and locations, and then examine the deviations. While real estate exists for a long time and, depending on the construction method, is only flexible to a limited extent, companies often develop dynamically, so that it is a great challenge to always optimally satisfy the qualitative and quantitative demand for space. If we come to the conclusion that your properties are no longer suitable in the future, we discuss appropriate solution variants for you, such as through expansions, refurbishments, rentals or even sales and relocations.
In interviews and workshops, we also track down efficiency losses. Classically, this is due to long routes for employees or the flow of goods and thus the arrangement of functions and real estate. Office structures that are not up to date, poor technical building equipment and insufficient load-bearing capacities or building heights can also cause restrictions and inefficiencies. We design different solutions for you from the individual fields of action.
First of all, it depends on whether the strategy is event-related (e.g. abandonment of a location, integration of a new business field) or holistic. Event-related strategies are usually designed for the short to medium term, whereas a holistic strategy also contains long-term aspects. Once the vision has been created, we map the necessary and also the possible individual measures on a timeline. This ranges, for example, from short-term redevelopment measures to new construction projects to be realised in the medium term to the long-term safeguarding of development potential through the successive purchase of adjoining properties.
Let's talk about how we can support your project